Saturday, September 24, 2011

Poems from High School


Martyr's Song
Rejoice with me, for I am going Home!
The gates of heav’n are op’ning up to me.
No more upon this squalid earth I’ll roam;
My Savior’s face I soon shall clearly see.
That Light of Life is brighter than this fire
Which withers up the flesh that was my tent.
His promises ignite such sweet desire
That I to Him contentedly am sent.
I am Your servant, Lord, You are the gain
Sustaining me through death’s apparent loss,
And though I die, in You I shall remain—
So burn away this last remaining dross!
Life’s consummation commeth when I die.
Release my soul! Into Your arms I’ll fly!


Running
A runner temp’ral health and strength pursues.
A Christian runs eternal life to gain.
But both of them their earthly comfort lose,
And in its stead get tiredness and pain.
Their pace is often mercilessly slow.
Terrain and weather dauntingly array
To coax the tired runner not to go,
But wait, perhaps, until another day.
But Christian and the runner onward press;
Their future joys make current troubles light,
For neither one will reach his home unless
He keeps the pace, and runs with all his might.
So each strives onward, running to his goal,
And conqu’ring, one for body, one for soul.

3 comments:

  1. Here's an old one for me probably early college

    Come To Us
    ==========
    Never again will it happen.
    The light will fade from the sky.
    The moon will not shine anymore.
    The Son of God will be our light.
    In His radiance we will see so clear.
    The Sun will never set again.
    And the moon will never let forth its lights.
    When the day of perfection comes
    We will see God ... So let's keep our hearts pure.
    Come quickly so we can see You!
    Please ... Come and be our Light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got about 40 or so I found on my computer recently. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the poem. It is a good one.

    ReplyDelete